Extravaganza Scholarship Assistance
All scholarship assistance that we are able to give is given through the Tom Hunstad Scholarship Fund. Policies regarding scholarships:
- Because we want to be able to spread scholarship assistance among as many people as possible, we ask all those applying for scholarships to check with other possible funding sources prior to making this application. Those might include: Your congregation, if a student, your educational institution, your local Thrivent chapter/community, your synod.
- Scholarship assistance can be for up to a maximum of the amount of Extravaganza registration ($280 in 2017).
- Unfortunately, we are not in a position to offer financial assistance for travel, housing or food.
- Please do not register for the Extravaganza until after scholarship assistance has been awarded. If you register and pay, we are unable to go back and reimburse you.
- After a scholarship has been awarded, you will receive a special registration code. Please register online with that code and it will deduct the amount of the scholarship from your registration fee automatically.
- After you apply, you will be notified within two weeks.
- If you decide later not to attend the Extravaganza, you must notify us prior to December 31, 2015. At that point, we've ordered materials and food for you and have incurred cost. If you do not notify us, you may be responsible for those costs. You must notify both our scholarship coordinator and our registrar.
- Scholarship applications will close at midnight on December 31, 2016.
- If you have any questions, please contact our scholarship coordinator, Wendy Black at firstname.lastname@example.org